analysis

Sunday 2 February 2014

Illustration for Snow Child - University Project

A continuation from my Book cover brief. I was asked in the brief to create an illustration of one of the books for the inside. The one I choose was the Snow Child. There where so many moments in that book which I found touching, so it was quite difficult to choose one to illustrate in the end I went for this one...

Mabel was at the window again.The snow fell faster and thicker. As she watched Jack, walked out of the barn carrying a lantern and the snow eddied around him in a circle of light. He turned his head, as if he had sensed her eyes on him, and the two of them looked at each other across the distance , each in their pocket of light. Snow like a falling veil between them. Mabel couldn't remember the last time they had so deliberately gazed at each other, and the moment was like the snow, slow and drifting.



If you haven't read the book I would recommened you go and buy it, its such a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment